In life, we are often reminded to bring our work with us.
Briefcase -- important documents -- tools, etc.
But when was the last time you were reminded to bring "mobile fun"?
I.e., deck of cards -- dice -- a notepad and pen for a last-minute game of pictionary -- the rules for charades -- a notepad for designing your dream room, making a list or plan for some project, or even to write a good old timey letter to a loved one -- even a role-playing book (some can be down-loaded online) and special dice (can be bought online) -- and you can play fantasy characters with pals. And always, we might be able to scare up a book or a ball, even it's just a handball or a hackysack. You could even just take a walk with a friend.
So often, we omit pleasure -- not intentionally. Just because we don't put it on our "List Of To Dos". WE are the most important TO DO.
Why do we need fun?
* To enjoy our pals
* To get our mind off things
* To take a break from work -- a real break, where we stop dealing with work/talking about work and STEP AWAY FROM THE "DESK"!
* For fun!
* To make new friends
* To stay active, mentally, emotionally and/or physically
* To save money on things that don't bring lasting pleasure (i.e., beer, fast food, nasty gossip)
* Taking a break lets the subconscious work on problems, facilitating problem-solving and trouble-shooting
This mental break is a refresher and helps maintain a convivial air with those you deal with on a regular business. And, most essentially, it reminds you that "You're #1" -- you may not always be able to put yourself (needs and wants) first, but you must still make yourself a priority, and downtime is one of those priorities.
And did I mention -- recreation is a major stress-buster? :)
Hugs and Kisses,
The Diversity Of Seasons Pt 2 – Winter (cont) - Since day one of the first part being published, this series has consistently had an entry amongst the top ten here at Campaign Mastery. Whether that magic...
1 day ago