Regardless of what religion you do or don't practice, I recommend you give yourself the treat of an Easter Basket. Typically, we associate Easter with children and candy eggs. I'm saying, as an adult, not go back to one of its more ancient traditions -- that of rebirth.
So what would you give yourself in your Easter Basket that would help you in your path to a personal rebirth?
For me, there's just a few things.
* Not doing too much. I have a hard time keeping still. I feel I must fill every minute with something. So I end up with too much paper. Which brings me to my next point...
* Getting rid of so much paper. Choosing what's valuable to me -- paper -- or experiences.
* Getting rid of debt.
* But not at the expense of my hopes and dreams, which I will retain no matter what others think.
* Not letting others influence me too much.
* Learning to make decisions -- and standing by them, even if they are hard to maintain.
* Exploring non-expensive options for having fun.
* And most important, that I'm going to enjoy NOW, NOW. Not look into the future at the expense of now -- not hold onto the past at the expense of now.
* And, as a bonus to myself and those I care about -- to wipe the slate clean of all past mistakes. And enjoy them -- and myself -- warts and all. We none of us are perfect and sometimes it's better to spring clean envy -- frustration -- anger -- and other negative emotions, and move past the situations that brought out the worst in each other, and enjoy what your first noticed about those you care about and want to continue to have in your life.
So as I said before -- take a moment. What precious gifts would you give yourself? These are the kinds of things that may seem simple or silly -- but that might actually make you silly-happy.
And everyone deserves to be happy. :) Wherever you are, spring has sprung -- and instead of just worrying about getting rid of the old or the bad, focus a bit on making your life better -- you're worth it.
Goody and Project Roundup April 2017: Ten Goodies To Back or Buy - I always get far more invitations to support and review projects that I can possibly manage to satisfy. Every now and then, I bundle as many of them as I c...
3 days ago